Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Study Journal 1

I am delighted to begin my EAP course in Granville TAFE.

It was an interesting library tour on Wednesday. We wereintroduced to use the library datbase which can be used both in our personal computers at home and TAFEs computers. The databases provide easy access to books, amgazines and newspaper articles. They are similar to a samall library in a computer that I have never known before. I will provide us convenient and efficient access to reference materials in later studies.

On the listening class, I found I have some difficulties in keeping dwon numbers which are over millions and billions and epoples anmes exactly. Meanwhile, for using symbols and abbreviations in note-taking, my skill is still poor.

By definging the features of an academic argument in writting classes, I am gradually able to judge academic essays from non-academic ones. I understand what differentiates personal opinions from academic positons.

In contrast to may revious sudy in Parramatta college, this course is complete,systematic and well-prepared by teachers. The topics we study and discuss in classes of four units are relevant and consistent. In such a way, it strenghterns our understandings of the same topic.

As the supplement of in-class study, I borrowed some reference books and DVDs from the library. After realizing my weakenesses in listening and writting, I must do more exercises at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment